• Time goes by slower
• Food is way too good
• Fries are always so fresh
• It’s always clean
• You never hear anyone say they work at the Omelet Shoppe
• You never see employees come or go
• There are never employee cars in the parking lot
• You can never see the moon or the stars when you’re there
• Way too cheap
• You never crave it during the day …only at night
• It’s never cold inside
• The exact song that you didn’t know you wanted to hear until it comes on always comes on
• The uncomfortably loud music bothers no one
“First time here; was a bit leery, but gave it a try! I will say that it was much better than Waffle House. Had an omelet, toast, grits w/cheese & OJ. Everything was just as I asked. Portions were just right. And the service was not overly attentive. The waitresses kept moving & cleaning about the place! I will be returning whenever I am in the area!!!” – Lee H. from Huntersville, NC.
The Omelet Shoppe is in fact real and there are three locations including Beckley, Parkersburg, and Dublin, VA. For more than 40 years, this 24-hour diner serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner all day, every day, 7 days a week. It’s has been around for more than 40 years and they pride themselves on delivering tasty omelets, hash browns, waffles, and burgers. The Beckley Omelet Shoppe is conveniently located off interstate 77 at 2001 Harper Rd. For more information, visit omeletshoppe.net or give them a call at 304-252-9903.
By Lynsey Elizabeth Huddle and Sandra Rae Kincaid, HashtagWV #133. July 2021.
HashtagWV Art & Entertainment is a high-quality print and digital multimedia platform for all things West Virginia and the greater Appalachian region. The editorial focus is local music, unique shopping, the arts, events, theatre, and food and drinks. tiktok.com/@hashtagwv