Not since 9/11/2001 have we experienced a global crisis this disruptive to our daily lives as has the novel Coronavirus and THE EFFORTS TO CONTAIN IT. The apparent sudden onset and rapid expansion into a pandemic is astonishing and perplexing. As usual, the common media has politicized and sensationalized this event which appears to create more of a crisis, more anxiety, and more division among us. It has been said that fear and anxiety are the currencies of control. If one were to search for answers beyond the mainstream they will be confronted by a plethora of ideas, theories, and conflicting information. Among your search, you may find reasonable, credible and factual information. Some, however, will seem idiotic, and some so beyond our perceptional capability that it is immediately discarded as invalid. We have been conditioned to dismiss “fake news” and “conspiracy theories” outright, without personal investigation. That said, false information abounds in the alternative media, so we must be careful, AS USUAL.
Having said that, and not knowing when or if this crowned virus will be flatlined, I believe it to be prudent to practice an “abundance of caution ” during these times of the unknown. It is also important to put this in perspective. In 2015, the common influenza caused 55,227 deaths in the U.S. That same year saw 614,348 people die from heart disease and nearly 43,000 committed suicide. At this date, 3/20/20….there has been 11,187 deaths worldwide out of 266,208 reported positive cases. Of course this number and ratio will likely change in the nearest future. It has also been reported that the death rate from this corona virus through all ages lies between 1.5 to 3.5 %. But, As we know by now, the immunocompromised have a higher risk and higher death rate.
So, my advice is to be the canoeist; be alert and open-minded. Keep the nose forward and watch for the unknown or obscured obstacle, hunker down a bit and paddle like hell when you see the V…..YOUR OWN truth.
In addition to the standard cautionary steps to reduce risk such as sanitary measures and social distancing, here are a few tips to HELP IMMUNE STHRENTHENING:
- Sunlight Bioenergy and balanced circadium rhythm as well as Vit D production
- Vibrant whole foods
- Body movement and exercise
- Clean air and water consumption
- Chiropractic care ( removing interference to nervous system which enhances immune response as was correlated by and during the Spanish Flu Pandemic, 1918.
- LAUGHTER, not to be taken lightly
- Any activity or thought that YOU personally enjoy or love should be expressed as long as it doesn’t harm others or yourself.
Some Immune busters
- Body toxins and endocrine disruptors
- EMF, electromagnetic frequencies that may disturb biological function
- Unlaughter, and its cousins including, being too serious, too concerned, too analytic, too judgemental, and too quick to our decisions such that we miss what might be right in front of our eyes.
– Dr. Timothy Pence w/ Greenbrier Chiropractic Center in Lewisburg, WV HashtagWV #124. April 2020.