From Rudy’s Greek Gyros (pictured above) to Greenbrier Valley Baking Company’s Crab cake sliders with Mothman IPA to local mead and more brews n even brats at Stella’s Oktoberfest Beer Garden, Lewisburg’s Taste of Our Town (TOOT) will provide a full-day foodie wonderland to locals and visitors on Saturday, October 8th from 11am until 3pm. The West Virginia Music Hall of Fame’s Traveling Museum will also be in attendance! With about 30 tasting locations on the main streets of downtown, each one will serve their finest TOOT fare for the ultimate al’fresco feast. Now in its 32nd year, quality is understood in terms of taste and authenticity and Greenbrier Valley Medical Center is bringing their A-game with a Braised Pork Cheek over Smoked Fontina Grit Cake. This event showcases and celebrates local chefs, restaurants, organizations, schools, and musicians, to unite, dance, and eat! If this is your first time attending, please know that tokens provide access to this all-inclusive food and drink experience.
- Mini Pizzas and Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bakery on N. Court Street;
- Exotic Chili by the Beef Jerky Outlet;
- Hamburgers by the Bolling School Alumni Assoc.;
- Assorted Cake Pops by Cakes & Cones;
- Italian Sausage Sandwiches, 3 Layer Cake with banana, pumpkin, and lemon, zucchini loaves, and pumpkin rolls by Davis-Stuart;
- Arroz Imperial, Frita Cubana, and Tres Leches Cakes by Diana’s Cuban Café;
- Bourguignon Sliders, Roasted Root Vegetable Ragout, and Garlic Aioli & Gruyere by The French Goat.
- BBQ Brisket Sliders, Bacon Scallop Chowder by Food & Friends;
- Chicken & Waffles w/ Jalapeno Maple Syrup, Pecan Pie, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Sweet Tea w/ Mint by The General Lewis Inn;
- Cookies by Greenbrier Episcopal School;
- Cookie Walk by GEHS French Exchange;
- Greenbrier Peaches & Cream, Greenbrier Bread Pudding, Draper’s Chicken Pot Pie, Kate’s Mountain Pulled Pork BBQ w/ Coleslaw on Brioche Bun by The Greenbrier;
- Shrimp & Grits by Greenbrier Sporting Club;
- Crab cake sliders with Mothman IPA Slaw by Greenbrier Valley Baking Company; Braised Pork Cheek over Smoked Fontina Grit Cake, and Strawberry Basil Crème Brulee by Greenbrier Valley Medical Center;
- Mixed Berry Smoothies by The Hub;
- Handcrafted European-Style Artisan Breads by Jeff’s Breads;
- Pumpkin Roll Slices and Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Balls by Oakhurst Outreach;
- White Bean Chicken Chili, and Buffalo Wings by Please Save A Cat.
- Greek Gyros, Assorted Cakes & Cobblers by Rudy’s Corner Grill;
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Rhema Christian Center;
- Fried Green Tomato Sliders, BBQ Pork Sliders, Fried Oreos, Pumpkin Roll Slices, and Caramel Apples by Shoney’s;
- Cuke Wasabi and Turkey Pesto Wrap, Carrot Cake, and Chocolate Torte by Stardust Café;
- Brisket, Pulled Pork, Corn, and Ribs by Stuart’s Smokehouse;
- Jars of Locally Grown Fruit Jams by Treat Your Senses.
In addition to the abundant tastings, Monticola Meadery will be serving samples of their mead at Robert’s Antiques on E. Washington St. The Greenbrier Humane Society will be hosting their annual TOOT Adopt-a-thon on Church Street and Greenbrier Veterinary Hospital will be serving Homemade Dog Treats for tokens.
Starting at 11am, music and entertainment will be in full swing across 3 stages downtown. The LAFAYETTE STREET STAGE will include Absolut Love Affair from 11-12pm; The Spanglers from 12:15-1:30pm; and Amy McInture & Gyasi Heus from 1:45-2:45pm. (Pictured above is the Half Bad Bluegrass Band who will perform after TOOT from 6-8pm at Stella’s Oktoberfest Beer Garden. More info below).
The CHURCH STREET STAGE will have El Gleno Grande, aka the horse guy (pictured above), will perform three shows on the corner of Church/W Washington Street. Times are 11-12:15pm, 12:30-1:45pm, and 2-3pm.
The CARNEGIE HALL STAGE will have Lewisburg Elementary School’s 5th Grade Choir from 11-11:30pm; the Choirs of Greenbrier E. High School (GEHS) from 11:45-12:15pm; the GEHS Spartan Band and 2nd Block Rock from 12:30-1:15pm; Valley Dance Studio from 1:15-1:50pm; Heartstrings Academy from 2-3pm; and EGMS Band from 2:30-3pm.
Stop by the Oktoberfest Beer Garden at Stella’s during and after the festival. There will be wine, beer on ice (including Greenbrier Valley Brewing Co.), and German bratwurst on the grill. The Half Bad Bluegrass Band (above) will perform a concert in the beer garden from 6-9pm.
Country Roads CrossFit is participating in this year’s festivities with a Member’s Workout of the Day (WOD) at 11am. You will see what CrossFit is all about as gym members will be working out at TOOT. At 12pm, you will have a chance to Beat the Pro, Bimbo Coles. Coles is a former Olympian and NBA star. For 2 tokens, you will have the chance to play one-on-one with him. At 1pm, area youth will participate in a Kid’s WOD. Game time starts at 1:30 p.m. For 1 token each, kids can participate in a variety of games like dodge ball and tug-of-war. At 2 pm, the game is Horse. For 1 token, play your friends or teammates in a game of Horse.
Starting at 11am, the West Virginia Music Hall of Fame’s Traveling Museum will provide various interactive educational components and music memorabilia. Their exhibit will feature a “make your own recording” booth. Visitors are welcome to record a song, singing a capella or providing their own accompaniment on guitar or keyboard. You’ll be able to take your recording home on CD.
A festival for everyone, spend your day at TOOT! You will enjoy sample fare and drinks, quality entertainment, and so much more! Carnegie Hall would like to give special to their partner, Premier Bank and their contributors: HashtagWV.com, Chris Hall State Farm, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, Farm Credit of the Virginias, Greenbrier Technologies & Electric, Kroger, Next Day Cleaners, and The Spanglers.
Later in the month, on Saturday, October 22nd, support your local brews and farmers and check out Farm Feast, hosted by Greenbrier Valley Grown! This special event is held at Greenbrier Valley Brewing Company located in Maxwelton, WV. There will be a BBQ dinner and live music by East of Memphis Band. This event starts at 6pm. Advance tickets are $25 and $30 at the door. For more info, call 304-497-4300.
– HashtagWV October 2016.