Carlito’s is taking a big stride this month by setting up their very first vendor booth at the WV State Fair and competing for “Best New Fair Food.” Their booth is named Taste of Mexico and will be located between the Grand Stand and the WV Building. Established in 1998, Carlito’s is a family-owned business that has brought the heart of Mexico to Lewisburg. They offer authentic Mexican dishes, tasty spirits, and provide patrons with a stellar Mariachi Band a couple times a month.
Their State Fair menu provides all things cheese including Pollo con Arroz (grilled chicken on a bed of rice smothered in cheese dip), Steak and Fries (smothered in cheese dip), Chips and Cheese Dip, Rice and Cheese Dip, and Oreo Churros. This menu is a sampling of what the Carlito’s Restaurant offers including Enchiladas, Chalupas, Tostadas, Steaks, Tacos, Burritos, Fajitas, plentiful Vegetarian options, Margaritas, Mexican brews, and so much more.
Taste of Mexico will compete against 8 other new fair foods. Voting takes place on fb @statefairofwv. Winner will be announced on Saturday, Aug 17. Here are the fares competing for best new fair food:
1. Trudy’s Dairy World: Homemade Ice Cream w/ Smoked bacon, maple drizzle, with walnut chunks all in homemade ice cream.
2. Gussie’s: Mexican street corn – mess-free and off the cob!
3. Apples & Cream stand: Famous Shrimp and Grits.
4. Miller Concessions: Flaming Hot Corndog, dipped in Monterey jack cheese rolled in flaming hot Cheetos.
5. RingMaster: Cauliflower Buffalo Wings. A twist to familiar buffalo wings.
6. Gillette Pizza: Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Starting with their homemade pizza dough they will top it with a mild buffalo wing sauce, chunks of tender breaded chicken, loads of fresh mozzarella and blue cheese crumbles. Finished with a drizzle of additional wing sauce.
7. La Creperie: Crepe filled with plump blueberries and mouthwatering strawberries smothered in a homemade sweet cream.
8. Taste of Mexico: Pollo con Arroz (grilled chicken) on a bed of rice smothered in cheese dip.
9. Harvell’s Chicken: Mini chicken bites and bacon on a cajun waffle with sweet or hot maple syrup.
From favorites like Blue Ribbon Kettle Corn, WV Cattleman’s Steak Wagon, Hog Wild BBQ, to new fares, everyone loves eating their way through the fairgrounds each year. And if you want to take a trip south of the border, check out Carlito’s Restaurant. They are located at 467 Greenbrier Valley Mall Drive (just 1 minute from the fairgrounds). For more information, call 304-645-3891.
– HashtagWV #116. August 2019.