Is there anything more annoying than a minor inconvenience? Not something that will ruin your day or week, but something that is only seconds long but off putting enough to where you say to yourself “This is ridiculous!” I’ve been thinking about such things for a while now and thought “Why not write about it?”. I’m not gonna just write about it though. In honor of David Letterman’s retirement, let’s do a top 10 list. That should keep me from rambling on too. You’re welcome.
10. The openings on vending machines. They are just big enough to almost get your product out without chopping your hand off
9. Trying to find the remote for the TV when the Kardashians are on. This should probably be higher on the list.
8. Coming up with lists.
7. When your in the car singing along with a CD and it skips and you hear your own voice.
6. The itchy spot in the middle of your back that you need to wish to a genie to have scratched.
5. The Robocop remake.
4. Val Kilmer.
3. That one really hard hiccup when you drink something cold really fast.
2. Tying your shoes.
1. Splattered bugs on the windshield.
There you have it. Granted, this is just my list. I don’t expect everyone to agree with it. Maybe some, Maybe all, definitely Val Kilmer.
Editor’s note: Val Kilmer rules in Batman Forver. “You called me here for this? The Batsignal is not a beeper.”
– Travis Canterbury. LBSPY #66, June 2015.