Life without water is awkward. Here are some tips to help get you through the week.
1. Plan to be out of water for 72 hours.
2. If your vehicle runs on diesel, fill it up w/ water.
3. In lieu of bathing, use a baby wipe.
4. Replace water intake w/ beer.
5. Don’t shower by candlelight.
6. Take an impromptu vacation.
7. Don’t smoke near the river.
8. Slip and slides just got slicker.
9. You can use fish as fire starters.
10. The river provides natural moisturizer.
11. Make your own lava lamp.
12. Eat at home on Monday the 26th. Most restaurants are closed.
13. Most Important: Save the reserve water for the babies!
OIL & WATER DON’T MIX
Oil floats on water. A barrel of oil weighs less than a barrel of water. That’s why oil spills can be so bad for the environment – a little oil quickly spreads out to cover a great big area. It’s also why the coloring and oil mixture spreads out in your pan. Then, the coloring sticks to the paper, leaving a swirl of color. – Bill Nye the Science Guy.
From Frankford to Ronceverte, about 12,000 residents are without running water.
Friday night, a tanker truck carrying diesel fuel had an accident, spilling nearly 4,000 gallons of fuel into a tributary off Route 92, north of White Sulphur Springs. Officials say the fuel traveled from the tributary to Anthony Creek, which then flowed into the Greenbrier River. Officials are planning to set up a water station at the state fair grounds for people to fill up water jugs. For more information, click here!
– LBSPY, January 25th 2015.
Image above pictured at Wild Bean in Lewisburg, WV. Cartoon by Emily Sullivan.