On Saturday, June 26th, you’re invited to head to downtown White Sulphur Springs to spend a day of tribute to remember those who perished in the flood-hit areas of West Virginia. June 23, 2016 will always be in our hearts as this was the deadliest flood in West Virginia history resulting in 23 deaths.
The day will begin with a “Moment of Silence” at Old Mill Park…
The day will begin with a “Moment of Silence” at Old Mill Park, followed by a celebration of all that has been accomplished in the past 5 years. Musical guest, Matt Mullins (pictured above) will perform at 50 East Casual Dining & Spirits in the evening. There will also be live music at Big Draft Brewing! (more details to come!)
This event pays tribute to those who have given so much and continue to believe in our little town. “This will be a community picnic environment bringing one and all to White Sulphur Springs to pay tribute to all that has been accomplished by an amazing community,” says Tom Crabtree, flood recovery advocate and co-founder of the West Virginia Barrel Company.
“We pay tribute to the families who persevered in the most difficult of times…
- “We pay tribute to the families who persevered in the most difficult of times.
- We pay tribute to the thousands of volunteers who gave of their time, talent and treasure to support the recovery and re-building of our little town.
- We pay tribute to the business leaders who have built on the momentum of the flood recovery to invest in our town and set the stage for the renaissance of White Sulphur Springs.
- We pay tribute to The Mayor, City Manager, City Employees and City Council of White Sulphur Springs who have opened every door and supported every initiative that is leading to the renaissance of White Sulphur Springs.
- And most importantly, we pay tribute to the good people of White Sulphur Springs who have persevered against all odds and shown the true spirit of self-reliance in lifting this community up by its bootstraps and making it a better place for generations to come.”
Please note that this is not a fund-raiser. It is an event to pay tribute to those who have given so much and continue to believe in our little town.
Stay tuned… more details to come!
– HashtagWV June 2021.
HashtagWV Art & Entertainment is a high-quality print and digital multimedia platform for all things West Virginia and the greater Appalachian region. The editorial focus is local music, unique shopping, the arts, events, theatre, and food and drinks. tiktok.com/@hashtagwv