Greenbrier Valley Theatre, the State Professional Theatre of West Virginia, is delighted to announce Season Tickets for its 52nd season are now on sale. GVT’s 2019 line-up features everything from fairy tales and zany farces to touching tragedies and holiday comedies. To purchase season passes or for more information, call GVT’s Box Office at 304-645-3838 or visit gvtheatre.org.
What started 52 years ago as a seasonal repertory theatre on the banks of the Greenbrier River is now the State Professional Theatre of West Virginia, and Greenbrier Valley Theatre is pleased to offer a season that will entertain, challenge and educate our audience for another year.
The 2019 season line-up is as follows:
- ‘night, Mother by Pulitzer Prize winner Marsha Norman, Drama, April 19-May 4
- Ken Ludwig’s A Comedy of Tenors, May 17-June 10
- Into the Woods, Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Book by James Lapine, Orchestrations by Jonathan Tunick, June 21-July 6
- Nunsense, A Musical Comedy, Book, Music and Lyrics by Dan Goggin, Musical Comedy, July 19-Aug.
- The Diary of Anne Frank, A Play by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett, Based upon Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, Newly Adapted by Wendy Kesselman, Drama, Sept. 20-Oct. 12
- The Greenbrier Ghost, By Cathey C. Sawyer and Joe Buttram, Musical Arrangements by Jeremy Fenn-Smith, Musical, Nov. 1-16
- Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!), By Michael Carleton, James Fitzgerald, John K. Alvarez, Comedy, Dec. 6-21
Head to Greenbrier Valley Theatre this performance season for a little taste of everything! The theatre is conveniently located at 1038 Washington St. E. in downtown Lewisburg, WV. All dates and productions above are subject to change. Follow them @gvtheatre.
This 2019 program is presented with financial assistance from the West Virginia Division of Arts, Culture & History and the National Endowment for the Arts, with approval from the West Virginia Commission on the Arts.
– HashtagWV #110. February 2019.