Greenbrier Valley Theatre, the State Professional Theatre of West Virginia, is delighted to announce Season Tickets for its 52nd season are now on sale. GVT’s 2019 line-up features everything from fairy tales and zany farces to touching tragedies and holiday comedies. To purchase season passes or for more information, call GVT’s Box Office at 304-645-3838 or visit gvtheatre.org.
What started 52 years ago as a seasonal repertory theatre on the banks of the Greenbrier River is now the State Professional Theatre of West Virginia, and Greenbrier Valley Theatre is pleased to offer a season that will entertain, challenge and educate our audience for another year.
The 2019 season line-up is as follows:
- ‘night, Mother by Pulitzer Prize winner Marsha Norman, Drama, April 19-May 4
- Ken Ludwig’s A Comedy of Tenors, May 17-June 10
- Into the Woods, Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, Book by James Lapine, Orchestrations by Jonathan Tunick, June 21-July 6
- Nunsense, A Musical Comedy, Book, Music and Lyrics by Dan Goggin, Musical Comedy, July 19-Aug.
- The Diary of Anne Frank, A Play by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett, Based upon Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, Newly Adapted by Wendy Kesselman, Drama, Sept. 20-Oct. 12
- The Greenbrier Ghost, By Cathey C. Sawyer and Joe Buttram, Musical Arrangements by Jeremy Fenn-Smith, Musical, Nov. 1-16
- Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!), By Michael Carleton, James Fitzgerald, John K. Alvarez, Comedy, Dec. 6-21
Head to Greenbrier Valley Theatre this performance season for a little taste of everything! The theatre is conveniently located at 1038 Washington St. E. in downtown Lewisburg, WV. All dates and productions above are subject to change. Follow them @gvtheatre.
This 2019 program is presented with financial assistance from the West Virginia Division of Arts, Culture & History and the National Endowment for the Arts, with approval from the West Virginia Commission on the Arts.
– HashtagWV #110. February 2019.
HashtagWV Art & Entertainment is a high-quality print and digital multimedia platform for all things West Virginia and the greater Appalachian region. The editorial focus is local music, unique shopping, the arts, events, theatre, and food and drinks. tiktok.com/@hashtagwv