The wait is over. We made it through winter. The ground is starting to thaw and plants will soon grow. Beginning mid-morning on Saturday, April 14th, long lines will form in the middle of downtown Lewisburg. This will be the 12th annual Lewisburg Chocolate Festival, a daytime event to enjoy sweet stuff and promote local shops and restaurants. Make sure you come early. This celebration of all things chocolate attracts thousands of chocoholics. And bring your dancing shoes (or boots) as there will be live music all day at the Greenspace. All activities and entertainment are free with the exception of the Chocolate Chase, tastings, Balloons by Travis, Chocolate Brunch, and Bake-off. The United Way of Greenbrier Valley is this year’s charity partner. United Way works to improve education, health, and financial stability of friends and neighbors in Greenbrier, Monroe, and Pocahontas Counties. (Photo above: @jojaxandme enjoying a brownie)
From 11am-4pm, enjoy Chocolate Tastings, Balloon Dude Travis, Psychopath Escape Room, and a Chocolate Themed Photo Booth. There will also be a Mini First Aid Kit Booth in front of the Sweet Shoppe on W. Washington St. Kids will be able to assemble their own first aid kits with the guidance of MedExpress.
Festivities kick off at at 9am with the HospiceCare10k Chocolate Chase which starts at Greenbrier Valley Airport. From 9-11am Greenbrier County Library hosts the Chocolate Brunch. Premier Bank (beside the Post Office) is hosting the “All Things Chocolate” Bake-Off which starts at 10am for registration, 11-11:30 for judging, and 11am-2pm for tastings.
Live Music at Greenspace
- Krista Hughes and Jay Milam will perform classic to modern country, 10:30-12:30pm.
- Black King Coal will play Appalachian Soul, 12:30-2:30pm.
- Adam DeGraff performs Rock Fiddle, 2:30-4pm.
Comedy show on Washington St./Court St
- El Gleno Grande (horse guy) and his trusty steed Sigfrid, 11:45am and 1:45pm.
- “I’m a Hungry Dinosaur” at Love Child, 1pm.
(pictured above: Gold dusted bourbon balls by Exec Pastry Chef Kim, @leenkim05 at 2017 Lewisburg Chocolate Festival)
- The Sanctuary’s Exec Pastry Chef Yvonne Ortiz-Galarza presents a Chef Demo at City National Bank, 1pm.
- Chef Amy Mills, owner of Cakes & Cones, will present a Chef Demo at Greenbrier Visitor’s Center, 2pm.
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory plays at the Lewis Theatre at 2:30pm.
Chocolate Tastings List (so far)!!!!
- Lee Street Studios: Death by Chocolate Cake Lollipops
- The Asylum: Chocolate Covered Banana Split Shots & Choco Chip Cookie Shots
- The Escape Hotel: Dark Choco Covered Lemonade Buttercream and Dark Choco Covered Cheesecake Bites
- The French Goat: Marcel’s Sweet & Salty Bar
(Pictured above: @the_french_goat white and dark chocolate mousse gateau at 2017 Lewisburg Chocolate Festival)
E. Washington St
- General Lewis Inn: Perfect Choco Cookie made w/ toasted almonds
- Bella the Corner Gourmet: Bella’s Golden Nuggets
- Edith’s: Chocolove Creamy Organic Salted Peanut Butter Cups
- Greenbrier Real Estate: Milk & Dark Chocolate Houses
- Robert’s Antiques: Moscato Dessert Wine in Choco Cup
- Wild Bean: Espresso Brownies
- Patina: Chocolate Covered Bacon
- Irish Pub: Chocolate Mousse Filled Choco Cups
Rt 219/Jefferson St.
- Blackwell’s: Choco Bread Pudding
- Plants Etc.: Homestead Creamery’s Double Dark Choco Ice Cream
W. Washington St.
- Greenbrier Visitor’s Center: Oreo Truffle Balls, White Choco Clusters w/ Pistachio and Cranberries, and White Choco Fudge w/ Salted Caramel Swirl and Cashews
- Del Sol: Chocolate Martinis
- Yarid’s: Holl’s Chocolate Lollipops
- Food & Friends: Triple Choco Pecan Bread Pudding
- Harmony Ridge Gallery: Dark Choco Ganache Tart w/ Raspberry Marshmallow, Raspberry Glaze & Sugar Crumbles AND Gooey Brownie Bite w/ Caramelia Mousse, Salted Caramel Drizzle and Chopped Pretzels.
- Serenity Now Outfitters: Gourmet Apples
- Love Child: Choco Drizzled Popcorn (mobile tasting)
- Perry Wellington Realty: Chocolate Cider by Hawk Knob
- Wolf Creek Gallery: Classic Belgian Chocolates
- Corn & Flour: Peanut Butter Truffles & Chocolate Dipped Citrus Peels
- Show your Colors: Choco Covered Strawberries
- Amy’s Cakes and Cones: Mini Chocolate Covered Caramel Ice Cream Cones
- Second Look Thrift & Gift: Choco Covered Gummie Worms
Eating chocolate and helping the community with United Way of Greenbrier Valley. Can you imagine anything better? It’s all possible at the Lewisburg Chocolate Festival. This event runs from 11am-4pm. For more information, visit lewisburgchocolatefestival.com
– HashtagWV #100. April 2018.