Located across from Walmart and behind Lowes on Rt 219 North in Lewisburg, WV is the almost finished and highly anticipated Cinema 8 movie theater (pictured above). It is expected to open this March 2015! This will be Lewisburg’s 3rd movie theater as there’s the Marquee Cinema at Greenbrier Valley Mall and the Historic Lewis Theatre downtown, home to Trillium Performing Arts.
Brief History & Review of the Lewis Theatre:
Open since 1939, the Lewis plays second and first run movies, plus some foreign, classic and documentary films. It was reconfigured in 2009 with stadium seating, a floor level performance stage, theatrical lighting, a DVD projector, deco style interior painting, and backstage work. You can see live performances 1-3 times a month here. It is locally owned and is family operated. They also serve beer and wine… Perfect for a night out downtown!
Cinema 8 will have:
– 8 Modern Digital Screens
– Surround Sound
– Stadium Seating
– A total capacity of 1,000 people.
– An entrance that reflects early 20th century design with photos and architecture.
Some Local Dining options:
– China Palace offers an all you can eat buffet w/ sushi and it’s super close to the cinema
– Greenbrier Valley Baking Company (GVBC) is downtown on Rt 219 S and has amazing pizza and local beers
– Food & Friends is downtown and offers delicious dinners in a cozy atmosphere
– The Wild Bean is also downtown and serves quality java and specialty lunches
– Shoney’s has a quality buffet and is very convenient as it’s right off the highway!
…and so much more!!!
Stay for the Nightlife!
Downtown Lewisburg offers live music almost nightly! Check out the
Sweet Shoppe and Irish Pub on Washington Street.
Pick up LBSPY!
All of the above restaurants and bars are featured in LBSPY so make sure you pick us up the next time you are out and/or visit LBSPY.com/Menu! We are a free tabloid and available at every busy location, including Walmart!
This Spring, make plans for downtown shopping, dining, and a new Hollywood release at the Cinema 8!
For more info on Lewisburg’s new Cinema 8, click here!
– LBSPY, January 2015