1. Take a float trip down the Greenbrier River.
2. Hike to the Hanging Rock Bird Observatory in Monroe County, WV.
3. Enjoy the opening Summer Concert Series on the lawn at Carnegie Hall.
4. It’s never too early to start pre-gaming for the PGA Classic’s Jimmy Buffet concert.
5. Plan a one or two day trip on a Greenbrier River Trail bicycle ride.
6. Catch plenty of local music and food at the Ronceverte River Festival, and experience the Rubber Duck Race in person. Our money is on the yellow duck.
7. Plant a tree. Mother Earth and your lungs will thank you later.
8. With little light pollution and numerous mountainous vistas, the viewership in VA and WV has some of the best stargazing around on the east coast. Take advantage.
9. Visit the Alleghany Highlnds, VA, with the whole family and stretch those muscles before embarking on the Jackson River Scenic Run.
10. Mountain Music Mayhem? See what all the fuss is about at this year’s Badland’s Bluegrass Festival.
– Craig Miller, LBSPY #54 (June 2-30, 2014)
HashtagWV Art & Entertainment is a high-quality print and digital multimedia platform for all things West Virginia and the greater Appalachian region. The editorial focus is local music, unique shopping, the arts, events, theatre, and food and drinks. tiktok.com/@hashtagwv